Together, professors, staff and students will ride to TUM Sustainability Day on Oct. 27, 2022.
On this day, President Thomas F. Hoffmann will officially present the TUM Sustainable Futures Strategy 2030 to the TUM family and the public in the Audimax at the main campus.
A bus will be provided to take us to the main campus and to Garching. The ride is free for all TUMCS members!
The (preliminary) program for the TUMCS Sustainability Ride:
The number of seats in the bus is limited to 50 participants. Therefore, registration is required. The principle first-come-first-served applies! The registration also includes the seats for the (German language) Presidential Event in the Audimax and the TUM Sustainability Symposium in Garching. A separate registration via the official portal for these events is not required!
The registration for the TUMCS Sustainability Journey, the Presidential Event and the TUM Sustainability Symposium is done via the following form until 23.10.2022: https://wiki.tum.de/x/X4QrSw
In addition to the “TUMCS Sustainability Ride” there will be a variety of other exciting program items you can expolore on your own. You can find the complete program https://tum-sustainability.lineupr.com/sustainability-day-2022/schedule.
TUMCS will be participating in the TUM Sustainability Day with the following contributions:
- 8:30 – 9:30: Our Climate Action Manager Jonathan Bauer will present the online lecture: The University of Queensland: supporting society to transition to net zero emissions. Register https://tum-conf.zoom.us/meeting/register/u5EtfuutrT8sG9xdH5EGA1hw_Sy7U5fv5CCY (Online)
- 10:00 – 12:00: Prof. Magnus Fröhling gives a keynote on SGD 12 as part of the TUM Sustainability Journey (Munich)
Parallel: Live session of the English broadcast of the TUM Sustainability Journey at U1 (Straubing)
- From 12:00: Our Green Office presents itself with many other sustainable student initiatives in the Enrollment Hall (Munich)
- 13:00 – 14:30: Colloquium on the topic: What role do materials play in Sustainability? Room: U7b (Straubing)
- 14:00 – 17:00: TUMCS is co-organizer of the kick-off of the TUM Mission Network Circular Economy with participation of Prof. Magnus Fröhling, Prof. Volker Sieber, Prof. Claudia Doblinger and Christne Kurz (Student) in the panel of the TUM Sustainability Symposium (Garching)
Parallel: Live session of the TUM Sustainability Symposium in C1/Refektorium (Straubing)
The TUM Sustainability Office is looking forward to many visitors from Straubing at the main campus and participants in the entire program.