Cooperation between TUM and HSWT
The Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Science (HSWT) has been cooperating successfully with the Technical University of Munich (TUM) for several years – first at the former Straubing Center of Science, and more recently at the Campus Straubing for Biotechnology and Sustainability of the TUM (TUMCS). In 2017, HSWT President Dr. Eric Veulliet and the former TUM President Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Herrmann signed a corresponding agreement on the cooperation between the two universities.
According to the agreement, TUM as well as HSWT professorships and their scientific staff cooperate at the TUMCS, an Integrative Research Center of the TUM. HSWT professorships teach in Straubing and conduct interdisciplinary research on topics related to the use of biogenic recources, such as the possibility of using vegetable oils as raw materials in the chemical industry or the use of bioenergy in mobility. Projects on natural product chemistry, ecological assessment and sustainability issues of renewable resources as well as on consumption and marketing possibilities of bio-based products are implemented. The cooperation agreement also enables cooperative doctoral studies in this field.
These are the HSWT professorships teaching and researching at the Campus Straubing:
- Bioinformatics (Prof. Dr. Dominik Grimm)
- Energy Technology (Prof. Dr. Josef Kainz)
- Geothermal Energy (Prof. Dr. Thomas Vienken)
- Complex Networks (Prof. Dr. Clemens Thielen)
- Marketing and Management of Biogenic Resources (Prof. Dr. Klaus Menrad)
- Sustainable Business Economics (Prof. Dr. Hubert Röder)
- Organic Analytical Chemistry (Prof. Dr. Herbert Riepl)
- Environmental and Development Economics (Prof. Dr. Anja Faße)
HSWT-Professuren at the TUMCS usually have a second membership at the TUM.