- Self-test for employees: Self tests are now available for our employees working on site twice a week. For details see e-mail circular from the President, or TUM AGU (in German, Login via UB eAccess)
- Studying and teaching during summer semester 2021: Hybrid teaching for best possible combination of safety, quality and accessibility. More on studies, teaching and exams: www.tum.de/corona/studies
- Employees can be allowed to work from home, as a rule, if their ’s job activities are suitable for remote work and their on-site presence is not necessary to ensure university operations. Details: FAQ from HR (ZA 2), in German
- Current hygiene rules: Wearing a mask is mandatory at the university on all traffic and meeting areas, elevators, sanitary rooms, meeting rooms, laboratories and in class-rooms and lecture halls: If the minimum distance of 1.5m (better 2m) cannot be reliably maintained, a surgical mask or FFP2 mask must be worn at the at the workplace. Current safety measures and regulations for working on university premises can be found on in the Coronavirus FAQ of HR6 (in English) and TUM AGU (Login via UB eAccess) (in German).
- Emloyees working on campus are required to keep a list of personal contacts at work. This is necessary to facilitate the tracing of any chains of infection. More details have been distributed to every campus employee by mail on May 15th, 2020, 15:00 h and May 28th, 2020, 15:24 h.
- External persons entering the campus have to be recorded and their contact data forwarded to the administration.
- For up-to-date information on using the Library services please visit www.ub.tum.de/en/on-site-services.
- The Canteen Straubing is closed
- Corona-Warn-App: We recommend all employees and students to use the Corona-Warn-App of the Robert Koch Institute (in German).
Until further notice the TUMCS buildings remain closed to the public and students.
What to do when you have symptoms of a cold
- Employees with mild symptoms such as a sore throat, cough or stuffy nose should inform their supervisor and continue their work at home.
- In such case, you do not need to inform the TUM Corona crisis management team.
- In case of doubt, please contact your doctor.
- If the symptoms of the disease correspond to those of Corona and you decide to get tested, you have to inform your supervisor as well as the rectorate and stay in quarantine until the test result is obtained, for details see below
Information on teaching and studies
- Physical-presence teaching is currently not possible. Teaching activities at the TUMCS will mainly be held in digital form. Permanently updated information regarding studies at https://www.tum.de/en/about-tum/news/coronavirus/studies/.
- The lecture period for summer semester 2020 starts on 20 April and is extended until 07 August 2020.
Contact and availability
- Service points and other offices will remain closed – contact us through e-mail
- Operating hours e.g. for advising services and departmental administrative offices: accessible by email
- All other staff are working from home – contact through e-mail
- Inquiries to the administration (especially regarding IT and facility management) should primarily be sent by e-mail
Travelling from abroad
Persons who enter the Free State of Bavaria from a state outside the Federal Republic of Germany from 10 April 2020 onwards are obliged to go directly to their own home or other suitable accommodation immediately after entering the country and to stay there permanently for a period of 14 days after entry (domestic quarantine).
Due to the measures taken to contain the spread of the Corona Virus SARS-CoV-2, the ZHS has discontinued its complete course operation (courses, free practice and free swimming) at all locations! Depending on developments and official requirements, decisions and assessments are made on a situational basis at the relevant time as to whether and which events can take place or have to be cancelled. Please inform yourself regularly at https://www.zhs-muenchen.de/en/home/.
Permanently updated information on the univerity’s actions and regulations regarding corona can be found at https://www.tum.de/en/about-tum/news/coronavirus/.